Facts Are Facts

Desiring the truth to prevail, inspite of the age old practise of burrying it by the powerful.....!

Name:
Location: India

08 November, 2006

My reply to Ms. Wahi of Himmat

Dear Ms Wahi,

Thank you for your reply which you have ended with a certainty of not satisfying me? What surprises me more is your perceiving my question's intent for a particular community? Trust me, I was not trying do so. I really wanted to know what I asked you in simple and straight question!

I asked you this because you are working in the field and are certainly more knowledgeable than I am. Please mark that I humbly wanted to get 'educated' about some similar activity of the past, but till the date, have not been able to secure any information what so ever, as if such an activity never took place? And presuming it actually didn't, then I'd like all of us to ponder, why? Why didn't it stir our sensibilities then? Shall we also presume that people have become more humane now?

In honor of your kind and beautifully worded reply, I'd like to submit that much more than Gujarat- which has in any case attracted much of public and 'content hungry' media attention- another area needs the kindness of well meaning and well intending people like you! You need to look into the Naxal infested areas which are overflowing with incapacitated, orphaned or widowed victims but no one wants to talk aboutthese poor, uneducated tribals. Ma'am, I assure you, evenyou will not be able to do anything in this field, despite your good intentions, for obvious reasons!

I am not romantically involved with my views & vision so, in the process of my evolvement, I'll not hesitate to alter them, only if I know that I have erred. Please do give me a chance!

I also apply to enroll myself as a volunteer in your organisation HIMMAT, if it decides to speak for these poor tribal victims; to work for them in their land, as vigorously and vociferously as it is doing for victims of Gujarat !
Best Wishes!
SHYAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home